Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheddar Apple Sausage Strata

YUMMO SUCCESS, this was inspired by my very favorite brunch item 25 years ago in Manhattan when I was young and sipping mimosas on Sundays. It came in the form of an omelette. It always reminded me of my Dad who melted Cheddar cheese over his apple pie. So, this comes as a combination of both. I will fondly call it......

HENRY'S BREAKFAST SURPRISE.

Slice and peel 2 apples
Cut 6 croissants in half
10 eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
3/4 lb turkey sausage cooked

Place bottom half of a croissant in each of 6 ramekins
Divide ingredients and place equal amounts of sausage,apple and cheese in each
Put top half of croissant on top
Make custard and divide among 6 ramekins soaking even the tops of the croissants
Spray a sheet of aluminum foil and place loosely on top
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

I served with a bit of apple pie filling on the side.

No comments: